Monday, March 14, 2005

I wasn't sure of this!

I really wasn't sure I was going to make it. This weekend was so tuff. I was harsh with the kids at times. I know I snapped at them. But they are such wonderful kids. My oldest said "Mom I was reading your pamphlet from the NO-SMOKING place and it says to sip ice water." Then she hands me a glass of it and says "So Sip! And quit your crabbing "
I thought it was so funny because for one she took the time to read the pamphlet to see what was going on and for two it worked. Children are so amazing, or atleast mine are to me. The things I work so hard to protect them from are the things they will dive into understand and help with. I always said before I wanted to quit smoking but I never wanted to be grouchy or impatient with my kids. I never wanted to snap at them because I was having problems dealing with a self Inflicted problem. But the truth of the matter is out of everyone in my life I think they helped the most. It was them saying it will be ok and them trying to understand that makes everything more gratifying that I am now a NON-SMOKER!
My hisband on the other hand just pretended to not care if I quit or didnt. He just acts like it is no big deal. I know he truly wants me too. I really wish he would say Good JOB! or something. I always make a big deal out of his feets. Although there has been some grouchy spells and he has gotten some of the directed toward him. Well I will keep everyone posted on how I am doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home